In this newly remote world, many of our day-to-day assignments include sharing files and projects with our team online. When someone sends you a link to a document on OneDrive or similar, you must click it, open a web page, and then click download again. This becomes tedious after a while. Are you trying to setup a direct download of your file from OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Drive? Check out these tricks below to get the correct URL for a direct download.
- Copy Share link
- Append &download=1 to the end of the URL
- Copy the Share URL
- Change the end of the URL from &dl=0 to &dl=1
- Share the file as “public”
- In the share dialog, select and copy the “File ID”.
- Append &id=YourIndividualID to the end of the URL